Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More
No one ever forgets the feelings they had with their first love. It’s a kind of magical, one-time-only moment that we can never quite recapture again. We all have our own memories of our very first love and, if you don’t yet, trust us, it will be as wonderful as you think it will be. Let’s rekindle some of those first love memories with some beautiful first love quotes that will warm your heart and bring back some of those memories.
1. “The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of colour—oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples” – Anna Godbersen
American author, Anna Godbersen, tries to describe with words that wonderful feeling that you get when you fall in love for the first time. A blast of dazzling colour is probably the best that you could find to describe first love, it really does take your breath away and leave you more than just a little bit stunned.
2. “I remember the first time I fell in love. I held her hand in mine with not an interest to let go. I floated along lighter than I’ve ever felt. I kissed her hand as if she were my princess. There was a heart full of love and it was all for her. Every flower, every song, every cloud, every sunshine, every raindrop was a gift from heaven. For this angel had come to take my love. For the first time I felt love” – Jason Micheal Ratliff
This is more of a poem than a simple fist love quote, but we just couldn’t resist including the whole thing! The first time you feel love, is the first time that the world seems really alive to you and everything seems to be just fine.
3. “The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can ever end” – Benjamin Disraeli
When you do fall in love for the very first time, you really do believe that it will last forever. It’s the innocence of first love that makes it so special and why, sadly, you will only feel quite that same way once in your life.
4. “First love, the love that clings to your heart forever, no matter how much pain it has caused, no matter how many tears have fallen, first love will never leave my soul.” – Siva
If you haven’t experienced your first love yet, then you probably won’t believe that it stays with you forever, but it does. Your first true love leaves a kind of indelible mark on you and, however it ended, you will always remember it.
5. “No, this trick won’t work….How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?” – Albert Einstein
Even one of the greatest minds that we have ever known struggled to explain the feelings of first love. You just can’t explain first love in terms of pure chemistry or physics; it runs far deeper than a cold a science can explain.
6. “My first love, I’ll never forget, and it’s such a big part of who I am, and in so many ways, we could never be together, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not forever. Because it is forever.” – Rashida Jones
Even though first loves rarely last, they do have to have a way of somehow being forever and, strangely, you can’t help but to compare your first love to every other love that comes along afterward.
7. “In the darkest hour of winter, when the starlings had all flown away, Gretel Samuelson fell in love. It happened the way things are never supposed to happen in real life, like a sledgehammer, like a bolt from out of the blue. One minute she was a seventeen year-old senior in high school waiting for a Sicilian pizza to go; the next one she was someone whose whole world had exploded, leaving her adrift in the Milky Way, so far from earth she was walking on stars.” – Alice Hoffman
This is another thing about first love that is so true, it can really take you by surprise. At the age that most people find their first love, it is the last thing that they are actually looking for and, first love is their first step from being a child, to becoming an adult.
8. “When you are betrayed in your first love; all the latter loves seem suspicious.” – M. F. Moonzajer
You also learn a lot from your first love and not all those lessons are easy to take. This first love quote may seem a bit harsh, but your first love does usually lead to your first heartbreak too, and with that comes the realisation that love doesn’t always have a fairy-tale ending.
9. “The first blush of love, when the self has lost its mooring, and, half-drowning, succumbs to a fearful tide.” – Eleanor Catton
First love can also be a little bit scary, even though it’s a nice kind of scary. It’s the first time that your emotions take control over your mind and your heart really does rule your head.
10. “One’s first love is always perfect until one meets one’s second love.” – Elizabeth Aston
First love may not perfect and it will be replaced by others, but it is still a very special moment in everyone’s life and one to be treasured.
What are your favourite first love quotes?
Skiibo - Free Dating & Chat App DOWNLOAD SKIIBO APP