Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More
Just like women, men have turnoffs to. And if you’re interested in a guy there a few things you need to absolutely avoid to make sure you’re turning him on and not turning him off. We have come up with a list of the top 15 biggest turn offs for men- an absolute must read if you’re trying to snag that special someone.
1. Too Much Makeup: This is a common mistake made by at least half of the female population. For some reason women tend to think they need to pile on make up in order to look attractive, but men would much rather see our natural beauty than some fake dolled up manikin. It’s okay to wear some accenting makeup like lipstick or mascara, but try to keep it as minimal and natural looking as possible. Who wants to walk around looking like a clown, anyways?
2. Being Needy: There’s nothing more annoying than a needy woman. It shows a serious lack of conscience and independence, and those are two very important attributes a man seeks in a woman. Not to mention how freakishly annoying it is to be with someone who texts or calls nonstop to see what you’re doing and what you’re up to. Don’t be this needy, desperate lady. Play it cool and show h you have plenty of confidence in yourself (AND him).
3. Being Naggy: We all know those women who are constantly nagging their significant others: why didn’t you take the trash out? You’re wearing THAT shirt? How come you’re ten minutes late? Just like being overly needy is a big no-no, so is being a nagging brat. Men don’t like a woman who constantly nags them about anything and everything. It’s just plain unpleasant. I mean think about- would YOU want to be in a relationship with someone who is always nagging about everything you do or say? Of course not!
4. Acting Like A Little Girl: Men don’t want to date someone who could be their little sister. They want a woman. That means you should probably refrain from talking about your collection of stuffed animals or pouting when you don’t get your way. Be a woman. A grown, smart, sophisticated woman- that’s what he wants.
5. Overly Emotional: Okay, so women are naturally more emotional than men. But there’s a big difference between a normal amount of emotions and someone who’s over-the-top about it. If you cry at the drop of a pencil or get angry at the slightest thing, you may have a problem- especially if you get too emotional to talk through your problems and concerns.
6. Playing Hard to Get (All the Time) Yes, men love a good game of cat and mouse. They love to chase the woman they’re interested in. But if you’re playing hard to get every second of every day, he might decide to give up. Find the perfect balance- play hard to get at times, but always “throw him a bone” every once in a while to keep him interested and coming back for more.
7. Flakiness: I think we can all agree that’s there nothing worse than a flaky individual. You make plans, you’re all ready to go, and they end up canceling. Again. For the 15th time in a row. Of course sometimes things come up, but if you are constantly canceling on him, he may take it as a sign that you’re not interested or he may even think you’re just a rude girl that’s a waste of his time. Either way, he’s bound to stop trying eventually.
8. Giving Ultimatums: Some females think you have to give ultimatums in certain situations. But it that’s your go-to answer for dealing with things, you may lack certain relationship skills necessary for a strong and healthy relationship. So don’t give him ultimatums. All they do is put too much pressure on him which will end up with him running in the other direction. Whether it’s “you have 3 months to propose to me or I’m through with you” or “if you don’t stop hanging out with your guy friends I’m not going to do that special something in bed”, we suggest you stop and find other ways to get your man to listen to you.
9. Trying to Change Him: This one is pretty basic: be with a man because you love him for who he is, and never date someone you feel needs to change. People don’t change in 99.9% of cases anyways, so at the end of the day it’s a lost cause. Remember that it’s okay to be a little different from your partner and like different things. It’s okay that he loves to wear hideous Hawaiian t-shirts with sandals in public. Why? Because you knew this from the moment you met him and you went for it anyways. That’s what HE likes and it’s on HIS body, so it’s of really no concern or importance to you. If you’re that humiliated by it, leave the relationship. Don’t try to change who he is.
10. Indecisiveness: “What do you want to do tonight?” “I don’t know, whatever you want to do.” “Okay, do you want to go to Applebee’s or Chili’s?” “Applebee’s I guess.” (20 minutes later). “Well no, Chili’s.” (On the way to Chili’s). “I changed my mind. I actually want Chinese food.” Was that annoying to read? Then just imagine how annoying it is for HIM to hear your constant indecisiveness. Being indecisive is just one of those things that makes people cringe. And so, so many women have this problem (I’m guilty of being indecisive at times!) My only piece of advice would be to at least try to be a bit more secure in your decisions and a little less all over the map. Trust me, he will appreciate it.
11. Being Overly Flirty (With Other Men): Of course it’s A-OKAY to make a guy jealous every once and awhile. But when you’re CONSTANTLY flirting with other men in open view, he might think you’re a bit of a floozy. Don’t be ‘that kind of girl’. It’s a HUGE turn off to men and he’ll probably end up only wanting to ‘hit it and quit it’ rather than trying for anything serious. So be flirty- especially with him, and keep flirting with other guys to an absolute minimum so he doesn’t get the wrong impression about you.
12. Mothering Him: I will say that there is the rare occasion where a man actually LIKES to be mothered by his woman, but for the most part, men don’t like it. They are MEN. They want to be treated as such. It’s really as simple as that. He doesn’t want to feel like he is dating someone who’s constantly hovering over him, telling him what to watch and what to wear, asking him where he is at constantly, asking him if he needs help or he’s okay. He wants a woman who knows that he is a manly man and can do almost anything and make his own decisions. There is a time and a place to comfort and help him out, and you’ll know when that time comes.
13. Being High Maintenance: I can’t tell you what a big turn off this is for men. I mean, I think we can all agree, as women, that we absolutely HATE high maintenance girls. They are SO unbelievably annoying and we feel bad for the men who got stuck with these women. Men want a woman who is calm, cool, relaxed, and can have a good time. If you’re too busy thinking about the next time your hair is going to get done or what expensive place your new boyfriend is going to take you before you dump him, he will probably lose interest fairly quickly. Don’t be “that” girl we all can’t stand. Put your Gucci bag to the side and enjoy your time with your man- even if it means going to a picnic on the lake with a few sandwiches.
14. Telling Your Gal Pals Everything: Men need women for a lot of reasons, and one of those reasons are to share his insecurities and other personal information. (Yes, men actually DO talk about their feelings every once and awhile). If you end up gossiping about everything he says to your girlfriends, he’s going to not only be hurt, but turned off. He won’t be able to trust you and he won’t want to tell you anything from there on out. And what’s a relationship without communication? Pretty much nothing. Keep his secrets safe. Don’t act like you’re in junior high and have to rush off and tell your girlfriends everything.
15. Boring in Bed: I think we can all agree that if there’s no chemistry in the bedroom, the relationship is likely to fail. I mean, what’s a bigger turn off than someone who is boring in bed? If you feel like your sexual relationship is starting to go downhill, I wouldn’t call it quits right off the bat. Try new things. Ask him if there’s anything he wants to try or if there’s anything he has in mind to spice things up a bit. If, after all that, there’s STILL no chemistry, it’s probably time to call it quits. He’ll be turned off and I’m sure by that point you will be, too!
At the end of the day, you should really just be yourself. Just take these things into consideration and I’m sure you’ll have no problem snagging a man that WON’T be turned off by you.
Share this story
Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More