Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More
Some women may experience some health issues which can cause their vagina to swell, itch or burn.
Often times, these women might be too shy or scared to see a doctor. They self-medicate, which is very likely to compound the problems.
Taking these preventive measures below would help in protecting yourself from the major vagina . problems.
1. Bacterial Vaginosis: The symptom of this condition is usually when your vagina has an odor that’s incredibly strong and fishy. Almost half of vaginal infections are bacterial vaginosis. Symptoms include thin gray or white discharge from the vaginal walls, that fishy, musty smell that is even stronger after sex, vaginal itching and irritation, as well as burning and soreness. And if not treated, it could transform into pelvic inflammatory disease, possible infertility, and possibly an increased risk of UTIs and STDs. But keeping your vaginal bacteria at a normal range, avoiding douching, cleaning the outside of your vagina with warm water and wiping from front to back, wearing cotton-lined underwear, practicing safe sex and doing so with minimal partners can help avoid BV and recurrent BV.
2. Trichomoniasis: This is a very common but curable STD, but the symptoms are either nonexistent or extreme. Sometimes people have a trichomoniasis that presents itself with no symptoms. But others have a form of trich that includes uncomfortable symptoms like itching, severe inflammation, soreness of the vagina and vulva, or discharge with a strong smell that’s either clear, white, yellow or greenish. Antibiotics are necessary for clearing up trich, but preventing it can be as simple as wearing a condom and consistently being tested – you and your partner(s).
3. Yeast Infection: The yeast and bacteria present in your vagina needs to stay balanced to avoid a yeast infection. There are pharmaceutical products like RepHresh Pro-B which contain the strains of probiotic vaginal lactobacilli that can help balance yeast and bacteria to keep the vaginal bacteria in a healthy range. Cotton panties are also recommended, as is avoiding wearing wet or tight clothing for extended periods of time, eating yogurt with live cultures, dodging douches and feminine sprays, and managing diabetes, stress, and diets. All this can improve one’s chances of avoiding a yeast infection.
4. Vulvodynia: This is when there is painful feeling around the vulva and that pain can be the stinging, itching, throbbing kind, or just be a constant pain that leads to painful sex and even pain from sitting down for too long. If the lips of your vagina have been distressed for quite some time, you may have vulvodynia. Wearing 100-percent cotton underwear more often than not, avoiding sitting in water high in chlorine, using a detergent that is dermatologically approved, and washing your vulva with cool water after going to the bathroom and having sex could keep you protected.
5. Vaginismus: This condition is an involuntary spasm of the vaginal muscles that can make it quite hard to do everything from having a pelvic exam to having sex and even wearing a tampon. Now, causes for vaginismus are unknown, but consistent Kegel exercises daily can help, and support from your doctor can usually contribute to treating successfully and halting your spasms.
Skiibo - Free Dating & Chat App DOWNLOAD SKIIBO APP