Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More
You don’t need appetite suppressant pills to quiet down your growling stomach or fight off those afternoon munchies. Here are five natural appetite suppressants you can find in food.
1. Apples: An apple a day keeps the doctor away, and those growing waistlines too! That’s because apples are full of fiber, which has been shown to fill you up, keep you satisfied longer, and help stabilize blood sugar levels.
2. If you have a sweet tooth, this is the appetite suppressant you need! A recent study found that women who ate dark chocolate or even just smelled it were less hungry hours later. Chocolate actually lowers your levels of a key appetite hormone…. plus the bitterness of this treat cuts your desire for salty, sweet, and fatty foods.
3. Forget the bagels with cream cheese. Start your day with an egg or two, since this actually keeps you fuller than that bagel you grab on the go. Eggs keep us satisfied longer because they have that perfect one two punch of protein and fat.
4. Next up is oatmeal! I know its not everyone’s favorite but this should be another breakfast staple if you’re trying to avoid mindless eating. Though high in carbohydrates, the carbs in oatmeal are slow digesting, which means they will keep you feeling full long after breakfast is over. Just stick to the steel-cut variety, not instantaneous oatmeal.
5. Finally there’s avocados! Add half an avocado to your morning toast. You can even pair it with your eggs! Full of monounsaturated fats, avocados will also keep you feeling full until lunchtime.
With these tips you’ll be saying good-bye to those embarrassing hunger sounds in the middle of a business meeting.