ith countless jewelry stores offering a variety of diamond engagement rings, the process of buying one can be overwhelming. And, because it’s a big purchase to make, you should certainly ensure you do it right. T. are many things to consider; other than the cost, you may also want to make sure that your partner will love your choice of ring as much as you love it.
To help you choose the perfect diamond engagement ring, . are some tips you should know…
#1. Determine how much you’re willing to spend
Although t.’s really no right amount to be spent, it’s essential to determine your budget beforehand. This way, you’ll know how much you can afford to spend, and you can easily narrow down your choices. Typically, most people will say that a diamond engagement ring may cost three months of your salary. However, that’s not necessarily true, as t. are affordable choices for engagement rings out t..
That’s why it’s important to determine your budget before you go shopping for a ring. Consider your own financial circumstances rather than following rules set by other people.
#2. Understand the 4Cs
Regardless of what you’re looking for in a diamond engagement ring, whether you prefer lab-grown diamonds or natural ones, it’s crucial to understand the 4Cs, which is the diamond grading system.
Each C stands for a specific quality:
- Color: Diamonds come in a variety of shades. The color is often ranked on a scale from D to Z, with diamonds on the D scale being the rarest. These diamonds are colorless and, given how rare they are, the most expensive. Meanwhile, diamonds that belong to the Z scale are the opposite, being visibly yellowish or brownish. If you think your partner would like a diamond with a fancier color, t. are other special options you can find, such as chocolate, yellow, or pink diamonds, which are quite popular these days.
- Cut: A diamond’s cut basically refers to how well the stone interacts with light; it doesn’t just refer to the diamond’s shape. Graded from poor to excellent, a superb cut maximizes the light transmitted by the stone. The proportions, symmetry, and polish of a diamond may affect this. When a diamond is cut into a shape like oval or pear, it’s done with certain parameters so the facets interact with light for maximum shine.
- Carat: The weight of a diamond is measured in carats, though most people assume that carat refers to the size. The average diamond used in engagement rings weighs 200 milligrams or one carat.
- Clarity: Even perfect-looking diamonds have flaws. These may have occurred naturally as the stone was formed in the earth. Such imperfections determine the diamond’s clarity, which is rated on a scale from included to flawless. The fewer/smaller the imperfections, the higher the cost.
#3. Always purchase certified
A diamond engagement ring may be one of the most expensive purchases you’ll make in your lifetime, so you should take your time and make sure to choose wisely. Once you know what you’re looking for and how much to spend, be sure to purchase a certified stone from an accredited lab.
Some labs may give diamonds inflated grades, which may give you the illusion of a great deal when you’re really buying a low-quality diamond. So, make sure to buy certified diamonds to get the best quality engagement ring for your partner.
#4. Get a diamond grading report
When purchasing a diamond engagement ring, you may want to consider getting a diamond grading report. Since it provides you with the exact quality characteristics of the diamond, the report will help eliminate any uncertainty in your purchasing decision. It may also indicate whether or not the diamond has been treated to enhance its clarity or color.
#5. Find a reliable jeweler
Some people may advise you to ask for recommendations from family or friends who have purchased diamond engagement rings before. However, with many different jewelers in the market, you may find it hard to choose the right one for your needs. Depending on your preferences, you can purchase diamond engagement rings online, in diamond districts, or from boutique jewelers.
To help you find the right jeweler, . are the things you should consider:
- Reputation: Testimonials and reviews are a powerful way to gauge what you can expect in working with a jeweler. Feedback from previous customers will tell you much of what you need to know about a jeweler’s reputation.
- Personality: This may be secondary to reputation, but it’s another important thing to consider. Whether it’s a jeweler you found yourself or one you were referred to, you should ensure that you’re comfortable with them and that you can easily communicate what you’re looking for or what your preferences are.
No two diamond engagement rings are exactly the same. The prices may differ based on your preferred jeweler and on the 4Cs of the diamond you choose. If you’re confused or overwhelmed by all the options available, keep the above tips in mind to help you find the perfect diamond engagement ring for your partner.
Featured image: Alekon pictures | Unsplash
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @fashionstyle_ng
Follow Fashion Style TV on Youtube
Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More