Step 6: Log into WordPress and Choose a Theme
Once you have successfully installed your WordPress, now is to Login into your WordPress dashboard and start building your site.
Go to your site address (the address specified in “In Directory”) and add /wp-admin (e.g. http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin).
(Note: if you just registered your domain and/or just connected it with Namecheap hosting, you may need to wait a bit for the domain name servers to propagate. If you can’t see anything yet, don’t panic!)
When you are asked for your username and password, use the details you specified when you installed WordPress. If everything has been set up correctly, when you log in you should see your WordPress Dashboard.
Once you’re logged in, you can install a theme by navigating in your Dashboard to the left-hand column and choosing Appearance > Themes.
Step 7: Edit Site Details
A website’s name and sl.n are frequently visible when you visit it. This is not the same as the URL (which includes a.com,.net, or other suffixes), but it may have the same name.
To Edit The Site Name & Tagline:
- Click/ hover on ‘Settings’ from the dashboard menu
- Click on ‘General’
- Add a Title
- Add a Tagline
To Edit The Link Settings:
- Under ‘Settings, ’click on ‘Permalinks’
- Under the ‘Common Settings’ section, click on the ‘Post Name’ .
- Save your changes
Your website can have a variety of menu options, depending on which theme you choose. Some themes only enable you to have one menu option, while others allow you to have multiple. I will prefer you use the Neve theme
We’ll discuss how to set up the major menu for a more consistent approach, as every theme will have one.
So, What Is The Purpose Of The Menu?
The menu, which is commonly dis.ed as a strip of clickable links at the top of your website, allows people to reach sections of the site that you deem important. It aids with site navigation and improves the reader’s overall experience.
You can go that route as well, or you can let your menu link to the site’s categories.
How you build up your menu depends on the approach you choose to take, but the principles remain the same:
- Hover/click on ‘Appearance,’ then ‘Menus,’ from the dashboard.
- You will have the choice of adding only pages, categories, or posts to your menu, or a combination of them.
- Choose the things you’d want to see on the menu. It’s worth noting that this may be modified at any moment, so t.’s no need to get it just right the first time.
- After you’ve made your choices, click ‘Add to Menu.’
- Check the ‘Primary Menu’ box at the bottom of the page. If your theme allows multiple menus, you’ll see them . as well.
- Select ‘Save Menu’ from the drop-down menu.
On the home page, your menu should now be visible.
Step 9: Fill Your Website With Content.
A website’s content is an essential component. You’ll have to make pages and posts.
Similarly, you must post content on these pages in order to contribute content to them. To add content to your page, follow these instructions.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to ‘Posts’ in the sidebar.
- To begin, go to ‘Categories’ and create a new category. For example, ., business, technology, and so on.
- Next, click the ‘Add New’ . to add material (a new post) to your website.
CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED
Follow Fashion Style TV on Youtube
Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More