Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More
We know that many of our readers are business owners and we’ve gotten so many questions on Instagram growth strategies that this article just had to be written. So let’s get right into it. Your Instagram feed is your digital business card and it says a lot about your brand. Think of curating your Instagram feed like getting a face beat (makeup)––it leaves you looking lit right? Exactly!
Over the years, Instagram has gone from a place w. you just take a picture and post it to a global business arena w. you need the right skill sets to thrive. To succeed on the gram in 2020 and beyond, you have to put your best content out at the right time and the right way. Phew! I know! But it’s not rocket science or a herculean task, it just requires dedication and consistency.
The most important step to curating an impressive and effective business Instagram feed is to preview your intended post / post ideas in grid format beforehand. This way, you can move your photos around to create the best vibe, or swap out different photos of the same subject to see what works best. I’ll discuss more on this and other strategic techniques below.
Apply these tips and watch your business page begin to buzz!
#1. Figure out the tone and voice of your brand
This simply means developing a distinct and steady personality for your brand. Humanize your brand because people would rather buy from people than having to deal with automated responses.
To ultimately achieve this, you need to answer these questions:
- What is the purpose of my content?
- Who am I trying to reach?
- How do they generally feel?
- What do they want to understand?
- What products and services are they looking for?
- T.fore, what kind of tone should I use?”
Put yourself in your customer’s shoes and this will help you relate to them effectively as you meet their needs.
#2. Content is key
Creating relevant posts for your clients / customers shows you have value to offer them. It’s helpful to have a good mix of promotional and relational posts. People don’t care how much you know or what services you have to offer as much as they care how much you value them. As you curate your Instagram feed, integrate the 60/40 mix. Only 40% of your content should promote your brand. The remaining 60% should be dedicated to the customers’ interests. Engage them in conversations and watch them refer people as well. How’s that for a ripple effect?
#3. Be interactive on the gram
Nobody is going to hand you their hard-earned money for being antisocial on IG. Your customer isn’t going to suddenly appear—you have to work for it. Firstly, your page shouldn’t be private. I find that ridiculous for a business page. Here are a number of things you should do consistently:
- Follow relevant accounts.
- Engage and interact with your followers and other relevant IG users. Do the latter by joining comment section conversations on pages with high engagement.
- Slide into your follower’s DM and get to know them as much as possible.
For goodness sake, this is social media, so crawl out of your shell and be a little social. Actually be a lot social! Remain visible because “what use is a lit feed, if it is not seen?”
#4. Order is the order of the day
Having a consistent filter/theme keeps your feed orderly. People come across your page and see your layout; if they’re impressed, they click the follow .. The key is to be consistent with both posting and content quality. Try this and see the obvious difference between this strategy and when you just juggled up images and videos on your feed. Most people love flashy things and that includes images; so sell your brand alongside your products and services.
#5. Plan and schedule posts
Do you ever have this conversation with yourself––“What do I post today? What caption should I use”––every other morning? Asides the fact that it leaves you exhausted, your feed is left in disarray. So if you truly want to level up, then you have to be deliberate. Set aside time to have product shoots (very clear photos) and save images in dedicated folders so you can easily find them when you’re ready to post.
Be intentional and prepare what you plan to post for the week ahead every weekend. You can use Instagram feed planner apps like Planoly, Preview App, UNUM, and Plann to achieve this. iNigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, US, Canada
Bonus tip: If you have a photo you love that just doesn’t fit with your brand aesthetic, try converting it to black and white and it will blend in better with your feed.
Interested in having a one of one Instagram growth strategy session? We can connect you with experts who can help you grow your business page with startegic tips that deliver results. Simply email us at email@example.com.
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More