Many girls suffer because of their delayed periods. Irregular periods can start unpredictably and cause various issues, such as a spoiled vacation or a night’s adventure, not to mention wearing tampons and pads for long periods of time just to not miss the actual date. How to make your period come faster is not a very difficult question. You can try some home remedies to reduce the delay, or you might visit your doctor for professional advice.
How to Make Your Period Come Faster
1. Make Early Plans: Good planning is essential. Once you are aware of your special night, event or situation, make it your goal, try to achieve it actively and start planning as early as possible. Make a calculation of your actual and expected start dates for your past and future periods to identify your baseline. You might notice that your period changes depending on your stress levels and individual hormones. Take this into account when attempting to make your period start sooner.
2. Take Medications: Birth control pills: Some doctors recommend using these pills on a regular basis as one of the most common and very effective ways to regulate menstrual cycle, especially in women with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). Females below the age of 35 are usually advised to take birth control pills for controlling their levels of estrogen, progesterone and androgen in the body. Taking contraceptive pills can help to get rid of acne, excessive hair growth and other symptoms caused by irregular periods.
Use aspirin: Once you’ve missed the first day of your period, crush up two aspirin into a 1/2 cup of water and add 1/2 tbs. sugar and 1/2 tbs. of honey. Drink the mixture to make your period come regularly.
Inject hormone: In some cases, doctors may administer hormone injections to stimulate the menstrual cycle, as opposed to using birth control pills regularly.
3. Try S’εx: Sεxμal activity increases blood flow to gεnitals and stimulates uterus to contract. After the sεxμal act the female gεnitals become relaxed, triggering the shedding of the uterine lining. Sεxμal intεrcoμrse can also be beneficial in another way: the hormones contained in male sεmεn can help to soften the cervix and stimulate uterine contractions. S’εx is one of the most pleasant answers to the question “how to make your period come faster”.
4. Make Use of Menstrual Synchrony: You should hang out with other females. Frequently close friends or even work colleagues synchronize their menstrual cycles, starting and ending their periods around the same time. This phenomenon, also known as menstrual synchrony, is not completely understood, but many women report success with it.
5. Try Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps to produce estrogen in the body which can build the uterine lining, make uterus contract and cause menstrual bleeding. You can get high doses of vitamin C in supplements (3000mg of vitamin for 3 days) or natural sources such as orange, lemon, green tea or parsley. You can also try a cranberry juice. Make sure you are not pregnant before you start taking high doses of Vitamin C as it can lead to miscarriage.
6. Change Your Diet: Consider changing your diet to regulate your period. Firstly, avoid or at least reduce sodium consumption. Excess salt can lead to fluid retention in your body, which may worsen your menstrual bloating and swelling. Secondly, eat more foods that are rich in carotene, such as mustard, pumpkin, eggs, papaya, apricots, carrots, spinach, peaches, etc. These foods will help to make your period come faster.
Try the following recipe:
Mix and dissolve 1 teaspoon of jaggery powder and ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of water. Drink it 1 or 2 times per day for about two weeks before the expected date of the period. Both turmeric and jaggery tend to increase body heat leading to earlier menstrual cycle.
Celery stalks and leaves contain apiol, a natural substance known to stimulate contractions of the uterus. Celery is also what’s called an emmenagogic food, a food that’s been reported to stimulate blood flow in the pelvis and uterus and believed to stimulate menstruation.
Include more red meat in your diet, as it has heating properties, and thus might speed up your period.
7. Drink Ginger Tea: Ginger tea might help you to make your period come faster. Drink 2 or more cups of strong ginger tea at the expected day of your period or after it is due. This method should make your menstrual bleeding start in few days. But ginger tea may cause restlessness and hot flashes in some women.
8. Apply Hot Compress: Hot compress applied over your lower abdomen will heat up your body and make your menstruation start earlier. A heating pad or a hot water bottle is good choice. Alternatively, you can try sitting or lying in a hot bath tub for around 30 minutes daily for few days. Drink lukewarm water during these days will also help.
9 .Do Exercise: According to studies, women who exercise to the fullest extent have much lower levels of estradiol, a sex hormone that helps to keep the body from ovulating and maintains a regular menstrual cycle.
10 Relieve Stress: Stress can make your periods more painful and affect your menstrual cycle in many ways: change its duration or delay it. Affected by stress, your body releases hormones cortisol and adrenaline which prevent the release of your fertility hormones and disrupt your menstrual cycle. Learn to manage your stress by exercising regularly, daily walks or deep breathing sessions will help in solving the issue “how to make your period come faster”.
11. Maintain Healthy Weight: Women who have too many fat cells in their bodies tend to have too much estrogen circulating. On the other hand, skinny females may not have enough estrogen levels to support their menstrual cycle. Both too much and too little estrogen in woman’s body can lead the hormonal feedback loop to function abnormally and cause menstrual irregularities.
Share this story
Skiibo - Free Dating & Chat App DOWNLOAD SKIIBO APP