Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More
The appearance of a scar often depends on how well the wound heals, in order for a scar to reduce here are some tips to follow.
– Always keep your cut, scrape or other skin injury clean. Gently wash the area with mild soap and water to keep out germs.
– To help the injured skin heal, use petroleum jelly to keep the wound moist. Petroleum jelly prevents the wound from drying out and forming a scab; wounds with scabs take longer to heal. This will also help prevent a scar from getting too large, deep or itchy. As long as the wound is cleaned daily, it is not necessary to use anti-bacterial ointments.
– After cleaning the wound and applying petroleum jelly or a something similar, cover the skin with a bandage.
– Change your bandage daily to keep the wound clean while it heals.
– If your injury requires stitches, follow your doctor’s advice on how to care for the wound and when to get the stitches removed. This may help minimize the appearance of a scar.
– Apply sunscreen to the wound after it has healed.