Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More
A couple having s-x for the first time were left with serious injuries – after the man used a plastic bag as a condom.
The unnamed duo, who were having intercourse for the first time, were treated in hospital for genital lesions, abrasions and bleeding.
Doctor Nguyen The Luong, deputy director of Hanoi Kidney Hospital, said that the couple were both college students, reports news site Tuoi Tre .
He said the male was too shy to go out and buy condoms.
Dr Luong added that the pair, who live in Vietnam, have been examined and are on antibiotics to help them recover.
According to the doctor, plastic bags, having no elasticity and lubrication, are entirely unsuitable for this purpose.
They can cause scratches and vaginal tearing and are not suitable for the protection offered by condoms.
According to Tuoi tre , a study by the Medical University of Hanoi and Hanoi Medical College conducted on 2,700 students from six universities in Hanoi found that 16% of students surveyed claimed to have had intercourse – but just a third said they had used a condom the first time.
Around 25% said they found buying protection embarrassing.