Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More
The BEST WIFI ROUTERS
The 21st century era surely witnessed (and is still witnessing) a social revolution. This revolution is characterized by the migration of the society from physical to the internet. As a result, your pass to staying in touch with the world has been reduced to your phone and access to stable internet. Simply put, the world has gone digital and being part of this revolution means you have to run with it.
Now, keeping up with the internet drama can be challenging. However, this is not a challenge that a great Wi-Fi router can’t fix. With a perfect Wi-Fi router to grant you fast internet speed and amazingly strong range, amongst other reasons to own a Wi-Fi router, you can be sure to get rid of that FOMO (fear of missing out) nonsense.
Without further ado, it is important to state at this juncture that Wi-Fi routers are not all designed to perfectly function the same way. In other words, all Wi-Fi routers are built for specific purposes from 4k streaming or to serving larger homes or for gaming etc. Hence, before you decide to spend your money on a Wifi router, ensure that it serves the purpose for which you need it. This would ensure you get value for the money you spend acquiring the router.
Are you about to get a WiFi router? Read on to discover the best routers in 2019 selected based on their functionality and reviews from people who have used (and are still using) it.
1. Google Wi-Fi Router
Created by google, this Wi-Fi router is popularly known for the ease that comes with its set up. This ease is all thanks to the mesh technology that the futuristic manufacturers deployed while creating it.
The Google Wi-Fi router is a diversion from the traditional wireless Wi-Fi routers. This is owing to the fact that it is a mesh router. In more relatable terms, this means you do not need wireless extenders to spread the reach of the Wi-Fi network. However, you need to set the router in strategic locations in your house so as to drown every corner of the house in Wi-Fi.
With more mesh units than the other mesh routers in its category, the Google Wi-Fi router seems to be the best router this year has produced so far. Based on what you need it for, you can purchase this Wi-Fi router either as a single unit or a multi-pack (pack of three).
- The setup is quite easy.
- Its Wi-Fi coverage game is strong.
- It is quite affordable compared to other mesh routers.
- T. are no complications or difficulty to its control.
- It has just two cable ports.
- It has no web interface.
2. NETGEAR ORBI Wi-Fi ROUTER
First thing you should know about this router is that it is pricey but, it is super-fast. This makes the price you invest in it totally worth it. With the ability to cover up to 6000 feet, this router is reliable. More so, you do not need the help of wireless extenders to get network into Wi-Fi dead zones. Fun fact, you can add multiple devices on this router and it won’t slow down the speed. This is all thanks to the Tri-band technology. Like the Google Wi-Fi router, it is easy to set up this Wi-Fi using the Orbi app.
- High speed
- Strong long range coverage
- MU-MIMO technology
- It is expensive
- It might not work well with old devices.
3. ASUS RT-AC88U AC (3100) WIRELESS ROUTER
Routers are geneally created to cater for our internet needs. However, some routers serve a particular purpose better than others. For instance, if you are looking to get a budget friendly Wi-Fi that can serve you well at gaming, then, the Asus RT-AC88U AC (3100) is the perfect gaming thirst quencher. Unlike the perfect Netgear Orbi router, this internet gaming router is a dual-band gigabit router with strong signal and high speed connection. It has 8 gigabit LAN ports and its web interface is great.
Specially crafted for gaming, gamers are in for a truckload of amazing gaming experience. Its speed which is set at 802.11ac: 2167Mbps 802.11n: 1000 Mbps makes it super-fast. Hence, gamers get to enjoy uninterrupted game streaming. As regards its range, it is long, hence, can drown your home in solid Wi-Fi connection.
This router has a huge 128MB worth of flash memory and it supports MU-MIMO (Multi user Multiple input Multiple output). This is a rather techy way of saying that it supports multiple users send and receiving data on it simultaneously. Thus, you do not have to bother about it crashing or slowing down.
- It has 8 gigantic lightning fast LAN ports
- Multiple phones connected to it does not affect the speed
- It is compatible with AiMesh
- The USB ports is positioned awkwardly
- Getting the fastest Wi-Fi speed out of this router is heavily dependent on a special hardware.
4. Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router
If you are the type who resides in a large house, say a mansion, with a lot of friends and relatives and you thinking of getting a Wi-Fi router that would allow everyone get the best of Netflix, HBO, Roku etc. on their devices, then this router just might be right for you. It takes home the crown of “best Wi-Fi for large homes”. The first feature that validates this is its ability to accommodate multiple devices, allowing them stream whatever they wish to online without buffering. Nonetheless, this router’s purpose seems to be heavily focused on online streaming. Although the network might fluctuate at some point and affect its performance, it is excellent at the work it was crafted for; streaming.
- Affordable price considering the MU-MIMO technology
- Its black coloured design makes it quite unnoticeable
- It delivers value for money paid
- The speed download fluctuates
- The software is a bit native
5. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi router.
With the inclusion of the word “smart” in its name, you could almost guess the function of this incredible router. Labelled as the best router for smart home internet connection, this router is quite budget friendly with price set a little below $100. Considering the amazing things this Wi-Fi can do, one would think the price should be way higher than what it is. However, consider this a treat from Netgear.
Once installed in your house, regardless of the size or shape, you do not have to sit close to it to get strong signal or fast speed while browsing. No matter the corner of the house you decide to hang out in, this router brings the connection to you strong so you enjoy your time on the net. What more? The Netgear nighthawk smart router is compatible with Alexa. More so, it is considered as the ideal choice for both gaming and streaming. Here are some of the amazing features of this router
- Ideal for HD gaming and streaming
- Amazing range all thanks to beamforming
- It is VPN supported.
- The firmware of the router is supposedly mediocre but can be salvaged via upgrade.
- Its wall wart is large.
6. Linksys WRT AC3200 (WRT3200ACM) Wireless Router
Looking for an amazingly gifted WiFi that caters for your HD and 4K streaming needs? Well, look no further as we unite you with your solution. The WRT 3200 wireless router from Linksys is the real deal as regards matters of HD and 4K streaming. This router which is much of a hero for streaming has some serious superpowers including: MU-MIMO and tri-stream 160.
In simpler terms, you can connect a lot of devices to this router and it would still supply all these devices with the WiFi at the same high speed. The tri-stream feature of this router works with three streams at 160MHz. According to Linksys, this router supports bandwidth of up to 2.6Gbps. In addition, with the presence of a modem, watch as this router showers WiFi coverage on your house.
- File transfer speed is top notch
- The interface is user friendly
- It supports beam forming, MU-MIMO and Tri stream 160 technologies which, combined, delivers an incredible experience.
- You would need to upgrade all you old wireless devices to be able to handle its performance.
7. Asus Blue Cave AC2600
First of all, if you think that this router is anything close to blue, you are absolutely wrong. Aside the light blue metallic finish, t. is nothing blue about this router. Designed to bless your smart house with Wi-Fi, this router is carved with Intel Wi-Fi and 802.11ac dual-band technology. The first band is 2.4GHz while the second is 5GHz.
This router has been referred to as unique as a result of its smart home features. As a result of its size, it is quite difficult to hide this router. Nevertheless, it follows a classy and modern design that you (as the proud owner) would love to show off to guest and visitors. It could pass for a great table decoration. To get your internet connection running, you can achieve this though your modem or existing ISP-provided router. This is because this Wi-Fi lacks the broadband modem. It is compatible with Alexa.
- As a result of the security software, you home network and connected devices are secure.
- By design, you can customize this router to your taste.
- With the hole in the middle laced with the blue LED light, this router is quite good looking. It could pass as a beautiful work of art.
- It’s interface is user-friendly
- Amazing Ai mesh feature
- Their customer service is not so great.
8. NETGEAR Nighthawk XR500 WiFi Router
If you are an active gamer and have been searching for that one router that delivers optimum network performance, gather around for your gold has been found! Although it is a bit pricey, this router is built with incredible pro gaming features that will make you worry less about the price and think more about devising a strategy that turns you into a proud owner. For starters, this router is equipped with wired and wireless connectivity that provides fast-paced gaming. As a gamer, this blesses you with an incredible online advantage. With four external antennas, your gaming experience is about to be transformed. Interestingly, Netgear designed this router in such a way that anyone can set it up. With few, simple instructions on how to set up this router, you would find out that you can do it all on your own. Here are some of the things that make this router so special for gaming.
- The setup process is simple
- Their dashboard is quite informative. Hence, allows anyone to easily navigate through the app.
- The performance is top notch.
- The speed is incredibly fast and perfect for HD gaming.
- Configuring the VPN is an easy task.
- The network is stable.
- Because the network is stable, it spares you the drama of having to reboot the router for the sake of network correction.
- You can only remotely access the router as an admin from one IP or a range
- It is expensive. However, if you are willing to overlook this fact and try to get it, you would see that the price is absolutely worth the value ,Lit has.
9. Samsung SmartThings Wifi Mesh Router
Say hello Samsung smart things router, one of the perfect solution to deadzones in your smart home. In order to achieve a Wi-Fi network that is fast, stable and secure in your home, this router has been designed to use multiple access. Because it is Ai based, this router is all about delivering optimum performance that gives you a delightful home WiFi experience. Its speed is quite impressive as a result of the ability to avoid congestion by plying the fastest path and and clearest channel.
When a company like samsung with lots of experience in the tech industry decides to dive into the Wi-Fi router business, you should expect the best from them. As a result of years of expertise in the industry, incorporated in the build up of this router is the smart things hub. If you have a large number of smart home devices and have been searching for a way to control them all, then this router was made with you in mind. The smart things hub was made to serve this purpose; to control as many smart home devices as possible as long as it is compatible with it.
Below is a peek into what this Samsung smart things WiFi router is made of. We answer the question; “what exactly is this router about?”. Also, since it shares some similarities with the google Wi-Fi, we would briefly answer the question “is it better than the Google WiFi router?”
- The network is fast and stable. Hence, buffering is certainly not an issue especially when a lot of devices are connected as it supports MU-MIMO
- The network management controls is simple.
- The network range and wireless speed are mindblowing
- As a result of Samsung’s integration of plume technology, users get free plume membership.
- The network is managed with two apps (SmartThings app and the Plume app) which can be confusing.
- It has two Ethernet ports.
It is quite impossible to just decide that one router is the overall best. This is because every router isn’t design to solve the same problem neither are they built with similar technology. While some are built with mesh technology, others are built with tri-band technology.
More so, while some are built for small houses, some are forged for smart houses while others strictly serve gaming and 4k streaming purpose. This goes to say that while trying to get a router, you should first considered what you need it for and, most importantly, the speed of the categories of Wi-Fi you find.