Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More
Styling short relaxed hair can get very tricky. Sometimes your hair can break if it isn’t strong enough, you might do it wrong with dire consequences. And it almost seems as though all the hair information is geared towards naturalistas. So, what’s a girl to do?
There are many ways to style short relaxed hair. Some require heat and loads of treatments while others don’t. To be honest, it all depends on your hair and your preferences. But today we are looking at how beauty blogger, Dimma Umeh styles her short relaxed hair.
Dimma has had short hair for a few months now, and we’ve been in love with her look since day 1. Her hair looks rich, clean and is always styled well.
So why don’t we take some styling cues from her.
.’s what you need to know about Dimma’s styling technique;
- She starts with co-washing every week or once every 2 weeks. For her, washing is done with the Cantu moisturizing cream shampoo. After cleaning, drying, she brushes the hair through.
- Dimma then goes in with the Cantu leave-in conditioner to moisturize her hairline.
- Then she applies the Nairobi wrap-it shine foaming lotion and applies it to her hair. This helps sleek hair back and is especially helpful for new growth.
- After her hair is all moisturized and ready for wrapping, she ties a band or silk scarf around her head to help her edges lay flat. This can be left overnight.
- In the morning she adds a strengthening treatment to support her strands and prep them for styling. This also helps protect the hair from heat. Follow this up with a heat protector.
- Next up, grab a pre-heated curling wand or straightener and start curling your hair into little rings. When done, comb into desired place and add some hair gel for that extra hold.
NOTE: This routine should be done once very week or twice in 2 weeks depending on need.
Now press . to see all of this in action;
That’s not all Dimma is good at. She also dies amazing Ankara-inspired makeup tutorials. Check it out .!