Hair porosity is basically how well your hair absorbs and retains moisture. Knowing the types of hair porosity and the one your hair falls under is one of the keys to grooming healthy hair. It helps you choose the right products as what works for one naturalista might not work for the other.
Types of Hair Porosity
T. are three types of hair porosity:
1. Low porosity
Having low porosity hair means your hair structure finds it difficult to absorb moisture into your hair shaft. This is because your hair cuticles are tight and closed, making it resistant to moisture
Characteristics of Low Porosity
- Your hair is not easily saturated with water.
- It takes longer than normal for your hair to air-dry.
- It is sensitive to protein treatment.
- Frequent buildups and oily hair.
How to Take Care of Low Porosity Hair
- Shampoo regularly with a clarifying shampoo to get rid of buildup.
- Avoid heavy products like butter and oil.
- Avoid protein treatments to avoid breakage. Your hair already has enough of this.
- Alternate between protein leave-in conditioners and moisturizers
- Use heat caps when deep conditioning as the natural heat helps open up closed cuticles so it absorbs moisture.
- Always wash with warm water and rinse with cold water to seal in moisture
- Incorporate ayurvedic herbs like Cassia, Amla into hair regimen.
2. Medium porosity
This is one of the types of hair porosity in which the hair cuticles are raised enough to allow moisture and oil penetrate easily. It is absorbent and requires low maintenance.
All you have to do is deep condition regularly and avoid harsh styling. You should also avoid using heat appliances and chemicals as they can damage your hair over time
3. High porosity
This is one of the types of hair porosity w.by the cuticles are open. It quickly absorb moisture but doesn’t retain moisture.
Characteristics of High Porosity
- It is often dry and dull.
- Hair doesn’t retain moisture.
- It air-dries quickly.
- It is prone to breakage and tangles easily.
How to Take care of High Porosity Hair
- Incorporate protein treatments into regimen as this will enable high porosity hair to gain strength and reduce breakage.
- Moisturize daily and seal in moisture with heavy oil/butter.
- Deep condition regularly to curb dryness.
- Never comb hair when dry
In conclusion, remember that hair care practices like overuse of heat and chemicals can change your hair porosity and damage your hair. So be careful about the products you use on your natural hair and how you style it.
(. = window.. || ).push();
Follow Pheebs Clothings for Turkey Wears on InstagramBURN TUMMY FAT LIKE MAGIC, RESULT IN 5 DAYS - Perfect Body Tea
Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More