Click here for Latest Ankara Styles >> Read More
Do you find yourself feeling tired, run down and just plain exhausted all the time? Well, don’t ignore these signs of being tired because according to a new study that was recently published in the Daily Mail, women actually do need more sleep than men.
The study, which was headed by Dr Jim Horne, a leading expert in sleep science in Britain, women need about twenty more minutes of sleep than men, and he said that the reason is because women use their brains more than men. How is that possible?
Well, because women multi-task more than men do, which means that they use their brains more, and as a result, they have a greater need for more sleep. Basically, the study said that the more you put your brain to work during the day, the more rest it needs, and the best way to get that rest is to sleep.
Women Aren’t Getting Enough Sleep
Though the study found that women need more sleep than men, it has been found that most women aren’t actually getting the sleep that they need. There are so many factors that lead to sleep disturbances in women, including:
- During pregnancy, the weight of the baby adds stress to the back and the rest of the body, making it uncomfortable for mom to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- When baby is born, a woman who is breastfeeding needs to wake up to tend to baby, which means more sleep disturbances.
- Women tend to be the ones to wake up when their children are unsettled in the middle of the night, and that can last for years. Of course, this adds to sleeplessness.
- Women tend to worry more than men and have a difficult time turning off their brains, which means that they have a hard time falling asleep at night.
All of these common reasons and more mean that women aren’t getting the amount of sleep that they need. This lack of sleep can lead to irritability, weight gain and it can make it difficult for women to concentrate and get their daily tasks done.
The Solution for the Lack of Sleep
According to the National Sleep Foundation, women can find a balance for their lack of sleep. The following are solutions that are recommended:
- Exercise more. By exercising daily, women can induce sleep and thus get a better rest at night.
- Create a bedtime routine. Women should create a routine at night that will help to ease them into sleep.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine. Both of these things can have a terrible impact on your sleep.
- Create a better sleep environment. This can include making the temperature cooler in your bedroom, listening to calming music, making sure that there is no light and using aromatherapy.
- Limit television watching or looking at any technological device an hour before going to bed.
Skiibo - Free Dating & Chat App DOWNLOAD SKIIBO APP