Writing a chief bridesmaid wedding speech can seem like a stressful task if not scary. Considering that, you will have to face wedding guests and say things that you hope won’t fall flat.
No one wants to be the chief bridesmaid who gave a “cold” wedding speech. Remember, wedding guests are positive listeners. So, they will be supportive. Moreover, all they want to do is have a laugh, so, do not put too much pressure on yourself.
To help you put together the speech of the year, we’ve put together these chief bridesmaid wedding speech tips..
1. Introduce yourself.
2. Thank the bride for choosing you as a bridesmaid/chief bridesmaid. And, speak on how you felt she asked.
3. Talk about the bride
You can have a little bit of fun with this. Speak on what the bride never/always wanted in the context of getting married. How the bride planned her wedding years ago and how glad you are she’s been taken off your hands. Also, mention how she coped with wedding planning, but, make it positive in the end.
4. Tell the bride/groom how happy they’ve made your friend.
How great they are together and how happy you are for them both.
5. Thank the parents for doing such a good job on two amazing people.
It will score you points.
6. Mention your friends who didn’t make it. And, acknowledge the bride’s special guests.
If the well wishers sent messages, read them.
7. Toast the happy couple and tell the guests you will see them on the dance floor!
This is how to How To Sit Guests At Your Wedding Reception